The Current Script, and Missing Scenes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Current Script, and Missing Scenes

Post  SerenityTuelaulosVegeta on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:32 am

H'okay, so, here's the Pokemon Live synopsis. Oh, that is a pretty sweet synopsis you might say-LONG. H'OKAY. *brick'd*

So basically, we have some scenes towards the beginning of the show, but almost nothing towards the climax and finale. We need those in order to make for a good show (how lame would it be if you attended a revue show that had awesome songs and funny scenes, and then all of a sudden we stopped and were like "THIS IS HOW IT ENDS, HAPPILY EVER AFTER THE END". LAAAME).

So! I've posted the synopsis above, and you can refer to Wikipedia or Bulbipedia for more info. Let's get writing!

Pick a scene you'd like to write, work your magic, post the draft here and we'll all revise and edit.

Thank you much~<3

P.S: Please note that while we need scenes more towards the end, feel free to write any scene that interests you, as we don't exactly have many scenes in the middle either.

We currently have:

The opening scene, up until "You and me and Pokemon"
The scene with Deaf Trainer up until "The Best at Being the Worst!"
The scene where Delia reveals her past to Oak, up until the reprise of "Double Trouble"
The scene where Team Rocket fails at making pit traps.
The scene where the show turns into a soap opera ("I've Got a Secret"), and Ash prepares for the final showdown.
The scene where Sh*t gets REAL. Er, actually, Sh*t gets awkward and cheesy. But hey, that's Pokemon. Isn't that why we all love it in the first place?

Ahahah, I forgot that that naughty word changes to 'pudding' on this forum. So, originally, that sentence said "The scene where pudding gets real". LOL.

Last edited by SerenityTuelaulosVegeta on Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:17 pm; edited 5 times in total
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
Director
Director

Location : Cruising through the tunnel between Twoson and Threed~

View user profile http://animyu.motionforum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The Current Script, and Missing Scenes

Post  Danny on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:43 pm

I kinda want to work on a scene before You Just Can't Win. But I won't be able to start until next week's end.
Danny
Performer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  arimnaes on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:34 pm

I can no longer access the synopsis or the currently written scenes on MediaFire. Sad
arimnaes
Performer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SerenityTuelaulosVegeta on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:52 am

*fixed*

Let's get cracking, everyone!
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
Director
Director

Back to top Go down

Post  SerenityTuelaulosVegeta on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Status report? Is anyone actually working on these scenes? :O
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
Director
Director

Back to top Go down

Post  arimnaes on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Oh, there really haven't been any written? I assumed people were cranking these out somewhere but not bothering to post them.

I guess I'd better get cracking, then. I'll try to avoid any scenes involving Giovanni so that I don't inadvertently embellish my role.
arimnaes
Performer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SerenityTuelaulosVegeta on Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:17 am

Thanks much, Arimnaes!

And if you're comfortable enough with it, I have no personal objection to you writing any scene with Giovanni in it, as the scenes we need the most are the climax and finale... and Giovanni is in those. But if you aren't, we'll really take anything.

Also, we really want to perform that parody scene you wrote for the LULZ, if that's alright with you.
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
Director
Director

Back to top Go down

Post  arimnaes on Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:40 pm

Oh, well, I'm comfortable with it, I just have a tendency to take villains a little bit over the top in my writing, and I didn't want to risk the unseemly appearance that I was trying to hog the limelight. But I guess that's what peer editing is for. Smile

And sure, I'm all for performing the ridiculous scene. I would think Diana is the one for whom that scene will be amazingly awkward.

Edit: Also, are we doing the prologue? That is to say, are we actually going to stage the message from TOTALLYNOTGIOVANNI, or are we just going to let Act I Scene II fill in for the exposition?

Edit again: Also also, I notice that the synopsis places the song My Best Friends in the same scene in which Brock admits that he threw away the map, but in the scenes that we have so far, he admits to throwing away the map in the later scene with Misty's Song. Was this an oversight, or are we intentionally moving that part? If we're moving it, what is the new leadup to My Best Friends going to be?

Also also also, here's my draft of Act I Scene V (or so), corresponding to the following part of the synopsis:
Jessie, James, and Meowth rush to the forest and dig one of their trademark pit traps to catch the approaching twerps and capture Pikachu. After digging the pit, they hide in the bushes as Ash, Misty, Brock, and Pikachu walk right over the trap without falling in. After they pass, Team Rocket investigates the hole and realizes that they left the supports still in. When Jessie and James pull out the supports, they both fall into their own trap. A very frustrated Meowth runs off to get a rope to pull them out.
arimnaes
Performer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SerenityTuelaulosVegeta on Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Personally, I think Giovanni is a really over the top villain. I have no qualms with you appearing to hog the limelight, because Giovanni WOULD hog the limelight. He's classy, sure, but he has a flair for the dramatic, IMO.

Actually, Diana wants to perform your parody scene more than anyone. XD

Uhmmm... we COULD do the prologue, if one was written... but since we didn't have one, we just figured the next scene kind of filled in the blanks for everyone.

UGHHH, this is my bad. I really should have posted this somewhere, but My Best Friends was cut, along with the reprise of It Will all be Mine (because it was really awkwardly placed) and the third reprise of Everything Changes (because it's short and a little pointless for a review show... plus, that's one more karaoke we need to make OTL).

Downloading your draft now! Very Happy
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
Director
Director

Back to top Go down

Post  arimnaes on Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:17 pm

D:

My Best Friends is one of my favorite songs on the OST. Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do. Ironically, I'm working on the scene with the second reprise of Everything Changes right now. I'll be sure to leave it out.
arimnaes
Performer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arri on Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:27 pm

Wow, arimnaes! I really like that scene. =D My only problem with it:
MEOWTH
Yeah, with advanced technology like holes on our side, it’s a wonder we ain’t captured that Pikachu already…
...For some reason, I am incapable of saying this with a Brooklyn accent! XD It ends up either Southern, Australian, or Cockney. Guess I need to go practice.

Awww, I'm also sad to see My Best Friends go. Despite it's cheesiness, I always really liked it.

...DUDE. I just had a terrible idea. Arimnaes, you and I need to learn this song, and then we can perform it during a scene change! 8D Can't you just picture Giovanni and Meowth singing this?

EDIT: On the earlier subject of parodies...
The synopsis wrote:NOTE: Giovanni does NOT get killed when MechaMew2 explodes! Instead, he comes out for curtain call with smudges all over his face, as if he was in an explosion and survived! I just wanted to clear this up for everyone!
This has instilled me with a strange desire to hear Giovanni sing "Still Alive" from Portal. BRB, writing terrible lyrics for the lulz.

Arri
Performer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  arimnaes on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:58 pm

Arri, you may find this helpful.

Act II, Scene IV - Long scene is loooooooooooooong. It comprises this section of the synopsis:
Delia and Professor Oak, rushing through the forest to escape, are continuing their discussion about her past. She is afraid to tell Ash, even though she wants him to know the truth about what happened years ago. In a nearby part of the forest, Misty yearns to tell Ash her feelings for him, but she is also afraid. Not far away, Ash realizes that, although his closest friend Pikachu may be gone forever, he has to get on with his life. All three are struggling with themselves, wondering what to do next. (I've Got A Secret)

Soon, all three groups come upon each other in the forest. Oak tells Ash that Giovanni is the mysterious gym leader, and he has Pikachu in his hideout. Ash is furious, determined to get his Pokemon back and win the Diamond Badge. Delia quickly tells Ash the truth about her past, even though she's afraid that he'll take the news badly. Instead, Ash understands, and is more determined than ever to defeat Giovanni.

Suddenly, Jessie and James appear, ordering Ash to come with them. They are utterly shocked when he agrees, and follows them calmly without a fight. As they leave, Ash's mom is surprised that her son understood her situation, and doesn't think less of her because she had a bad past. She realizes that Ash growing up might not be such a bad thing, that maybe change can be good (Everything Changes - reprise 2).
Please critique its immense sappiness.

Yeesh, at the rate I'm going, I could write the entire script myself by the end of the weekend.
arimnaes
Performer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arri on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:05 am

Many thanks. That is indeed a big help. ^^ Imitating the accent is a lot easier than doing it from scratch.

Arri
Performer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SerenityTuelaulosVegeta on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:47 am

Just popping in to say that only the third reprise of Everything Changes was cut (which Delia sings). The second one (Giovanni's) is still in there. :3

brb, sleep.
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
Director
Director

Back to top Go down

Post  SerenityTuelaulosVegeta on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:32 pm

Mmmkay, I'm back with a vengeance! And by vengeance, I mean double post.

Both scenes are looking really good to me, Arimnaes. My only concern at the moment is about that pit trap... how are we going to put that on stage? We don't have any fun trap doors to play with. :C

So... anyone have any ideas?

The end killed me though. "Is it a pit?" "...yes."
Just imagining Henry (James) doing that part makes me ROFL. Literally. On the floor.

Arri: Here are a couple things that may help you with your accent a little: http://www.wikihow.com/Talk-Like-a-New-Yorker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwQtc2qYCBc&feature=fvw
^This woman has a whole series of videos for Brooklyn Dialect (it says New York, which kind of bothers me, since the accent is really ONLY found in the Brooklyn area, but nevertheless, it's good instruction).

And perhaps watching some old school Pokemon would also help a little. :3

Last edited by SerenityTuelaulosVegeta on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
Director
Director

Back to top Go down

Post  arimnaes on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:43 pm

SerenityTuelaulosVegeta wrote:Both scenes are looking really good to me, Arimnaes. My only concern at the moment is about that pit trap... how are we going to put that on stage? We don't have any fun trap doors to play with. :C
Perhaps a raised platform that could sit on top of the existing stage, with a gap big enough for two people to sit in? I hadn't really considered the technical aspects. I guess I just assumed that since the synopsis called for a pit trap, it was something that had already been worked out.
arimnaes
Performer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SerenityTuelaulosVegeta on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:47 pm

Well, the pit trap itself isn't the problem (I had intended to have Jesse and James climb out from backstage). It's Ash and co WALKING over the pit that poses a problem.

I'm sure I can figure something out, though, lemme think about it for a bit. :3
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
Director
Director

Back to top Go down

Post  arimnaes on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:32 pm

I'm working on the final confrontation now, by the way. It will probably take a bit longer, though, since I have other work that needs finishing (curse you, college and finding an apartment!)
arimnaes
Performer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SerenityTuelaulosVegeta on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:20 am

Sounds good, Arimnaes~ After the final confrontation, I think that's all we'll need. Putting that together with the songs and all the extra stuff we have planned (costume contests, trivia and the like), we should fill our time slot very nicely now.

(Also, just curious, how tall are you?)
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
Director
Director

Back to top Go down

Post  arimnaes on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:16 am

Five feet, seven and a half inches. I'm afraid I won't cut a particularly imposing figure.
arimnaes
Performer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SerenityTuelaulosVegeta on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:11 pm

Heehee, I'm not worried about that - I just wanted to know because we're building you an epic platform to perch upon. Twisted Evil

Speaking of which, I have added some dialogue to "It Will all be Mine!" to make up for cutting the epic scene where Giovanni reveals his master plan. I'm a terrible writer, please forgive me. D:

Here it is.

And here's the updated karaoke, with added underscoring for said dialogue. It still cuts off right before the Team Rocket motto - but it should be completed in less than a week, I believe.
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
Director
Director

Back to top Go down

Re:

Post  BigEngland on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:42 am

Is help still needed for the scripting?

I've got some time that I can script with (since PWMusical didn't get to see my awesome script writing skills xD)
BigEngland
Rookie Trainer
Rookie Trainer

View user profile http://megalomaniacalme.net/pwmusical/memberlist.php?mode=viewpr

Back to top Go down

Post  SerenityTuelaulosVegeta on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:39 pm

After Arimnaes writes the finale, I'm going to time the show.

We only have a two hour time-slot (as far as I know), so we'll see. <3
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
Director
Director

Back to top Go down

Post  arimnaes on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:46 pm

Derp. Act II Scene V. The synopsis said something about Team Rocket entering on scooters, for some reason, and then blasting off... somehow. I wasn't sure what was supposed to happen there, so I just made up something else. If you'd like to do it a different way, that's fine by me.

Incidentally, if time permits, I think the one more scene that really ought to be added is the scene where Misty tells Ash off for neglecting his friends, and suggests that Pikachu might have decided to run away on its own. It would be very helpful in setting up some of the later stuff.
arimnaes
Performer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SerenityTuelaulosVegeta on Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:28 pm

How did I miss this? D:

Also, good idea. Perhaps a short little scene leading up to "The Time has Come" would suffice.

Downloading your scene now, though I don't think we can actually use scooters (BUT OMG I REALLY WANT TO). XD

EDIT: ARIMNAES.

I LOVE YOU.

Really, all the jokes, awkward moments and silly references practically had me on the floor. Thank you SO much for writing for us. XD
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
Director
Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top